Saturday, March 29, 2008

SATURDAYS are temple days...

I always wondered how Cathleen's parents could stand to "give up" their Saturday evenings to work in the temple. Saturdays, when families gather and all sorts of fun things were happening within their huge family, which also, is not unlike ours.

That is until we started serving in the Newport Beach, CA temple ourselves.

I guess each person has a different take on the temple - ours is of the more eternal nature, at our age.

All I know is that I feel GOOD when I enter the doors of the temple and I am uplifted in ways it's not easy to describe.

Today & tonight were no exception... serving in the temple really warms my heart!

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

I just got called to teach a 6 week temple prep class. I'm excited and terrified (I don't attend nearly as much as I should). Not sure how many people will attend nor when exactly it will start but I was told soon (Wednesday nights). They've also invited Cathleen and me to attend the teacher preparation course (along with about 8-10 other folks).

We're looking forward to hearing the details on how Jason's baptism went.

Joyce said...

I'll share the details of Jason's baptism in a private email. So much spirit!!

I think you'll be a great teacher for temple preparation. I love working in the temple 'almost' more than anything.

Our shift is the best one ever and 4 couples came to support Jason and Syd tonight.

Good luck with the temple prep class and also the teacher preparation class.

You love to learn - this should be a blast!

xoxoxo Mom