Monday, March 24, 2008

HAPPY "48TH" BIRTHDAY TO MY FIRSTBORN, WEBB

On this beautiful Monday morning I was reflecting how quickly the time has gone by since Webb was first born.

So many changes in so many ways! However, I would not change my life for anything.

I feel I am still learning the things the Lord put me on this earth to experience and with each decade I become a little wiser - and dumber at the same time.

The more I learn, the more I understand how little I really do know.

I do remember how utterly clean my two little boys needed to be . . . once dressed for an occasion they could not get get one speck of dirt anyplace on their bodies.

Debbie was even more challenging . . . she after all was a GIRL.

Entered Duncan and his four boys and all of that changed completely. Laundry was stacked so high I couldn't find my washing machine.

But like I said; I wouldn't change much about those incredible days for anything.

I'm thankful for 48 years of parenting no matter how difficult some of those times were. Congratulations, Webb, on being FIRST . . . someone had to do it, right?!!

I am grateful for the joy of that wonderful day so long ago. The true proof of a Heavenly FAther who loves each of us so very much...

1 comment:

Happy The Man said...

Being one of those happy 7 (well 8), I was pretty oblivious to all the work that was going on with meals, laundry, etc. until of course I myself became a parent. Thanks a ton Mom for all that you did to set us on course, get us started in this crazy world. :)