Monday, March 3, 2008

March 3rd... money in the bank day!!!

Since January 1st (although never as a New Year's goal) I have made it a point not to use my Visa or the AmEx card, until they are pretty much paid off...
It doesn't seem to matter that I stayed home every day so I could manage to not out spend the money I have available to me through the end of the month. In January it was kind of easy... only 3 birthdays - and the after Christmas blah's had set in anyway.

February is a short month; only 28 days usually, but of course this year was Leap Year and so it seemed like the 3rd would never arrive. Usually I can coax some extra money out of Duncan, (if necessary) but this time I had to borrow from Sydney - heaven forbid!

Perhaps it's because there were 3 babies born in February (at church) and 5 birthdays in the space of 8 days. Whatever the reason I almost ran out of $$ days before the new month!

I hate to run out of cash more than anything; but my credit card has to be paid, as does the tithing & fast offerings each month.

SO - I went shopping with gift certificates Duncan gave me (for my birthday) to my favorite shop. I did find a few things I needed and it gave me a real lift as well. I entered a contest to win a $50 gift certificate and guess what - I won!!

So... what do you think... just maybe this getting out of recent debt thing will pay off in the long run for me.

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

I don't mean to sound pessimistic (it's the Ronzone coming out in me again), but with Gas prices approaching $4/gallon and food and what not going like it is (the economy in general), I say buckle in and good luck staying in the black! It's not impossible, but might I suggest a really nice birthday/Christmas card instead of gifts/money? Better yet, send emails and save on stamps too! Then you can save all your change and put it in cakes!

Joyce said...

If everyone were closer I might try the money in a cake thing! Can you imagine how crazy all these kids would go?!!

At any rate, there is too much month in my money and not using my credit card is pretty challenging! I finally had to at the end of February and hope I can budget better this month.

It is tighten the belt time around here... (Duncan's) dad's sole client at work is really hurting with the real estate market the way it is going to be for some time to come...

Uncle Steve will be here tonight and we are going to spend some time with Heather during the days so he is free to spend time with Nicole in the evenings.

He will be here until Monday... I am looking forward to having a little down time with him.

Whoops, this is a blog... I'll close. Love to ALL Cherry Blossoms as always. XO