Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm too tired to make my list tonight...

Although I know I promised a different kind of list about my most recent posterity I find I am too tired tonight to make a list that would make sense. Having had Heather and Sydney along with Steve and me, today, we did some shopping, had Heather's haircut, spent time with Seth, Denise and family along with Nicole, at Fuddruckers.

We all felt really beat, except for Sydney! She is like the Every Ready bunny - she never runs out of steam. We've had a good visit - Heather , Steve and I, and mostly have turned Steve over to Nicole for the weekend.

I have come to realize that nothing feels so comfortable as spending time with your sibling(s) ~ even when the bonds have not been held very close for some time. I am grateful that Steve felt the need to come visit Heather and his his CA family and I know Nicole feels the same way.

I hadn't thought so much about it since Steve and Margaret moved to Florida, but I am surely glad to have had this "threesome" time together. Though you won't read this blog, "Thanks, Steve, I love you..."

4 comments:

Happy The Man said...

Please tell me that you got some pictures of the three of you sibs together??? I'm talking like several pictures that we can choose from for genealogy purposes. If not, any chance you can before Uncle Steve goes back?

Joyce said...

Actually we took four I think. Steve was adamant about not having his photo taken for any reason, but he finally relented for a couple.

We've had a great visit and I'll miss him when he leaves. He tries to convince himself Heather won't be fazed by his leaving, but she is...

I'll try to post the pictures before we leave for Utah on Weds. I'm equally loving Tory's blog, but what she is talking about totally passes right over my head!

I'm from the real world - I think...

Happy The Man said...

No you're not!

Theresa said...

Sorry to have missed this weekend's festivities. Looking forward to seeing the pictures!