Wednesday, April 30, 2008

NO EXPECTATIONS / NO DISAPPOINTMENTS...

I've been thinking about that statement ever since my friend, Carol, mentioned it in an email recently.

If you think about it this really makes a whole lot of sense.

Next week we'll be going to Utah for Taylor Bingham's wedding. He is our second grandson to be married and has been the single twin until now.

I have really been looking forward to this time, the excitement of a temple wedding, and also because we'll be seeing several of our "out of state" grandkids at the same time.

Now since I am one to have preconcieved ideas about things, it would be very easy for me to dream up plans that simply won't occur.

Along with seeing Taylor, Katie, Riley, Megan, Landon, Collin and Draper we are also looking forward with pleasure to seeing our granddaughter, Megan Taylor, too.

SO, it's just that having NO EXPECTATIONS seems like a really sensible way to go.

Since last September the only one of these grandkids we have seen is Landon - and that was sheer heaven for me ...

Still I'm sticking to my latest motto - all the way! - and it's about time I did, don't you think?!! xoxoxo

1 comment:

Happy The Man said...

For someone who claims to not have a lot of expectations... I sure hope you don't have many (more) disappointments...

You can expect me not to be there and hence there should not be any disappointments where I'm concerned.

I will miss the family being together but unfortunately, I have to pick and choose and me flying solo to UT is the more selfish of choices unfortunately... I got to do the selfish thing last year in Maui and the year before at Taylor's wedding.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles!