Thursday, April 24, 2008

NOTHING ages you more quickly than your kids ~ unless it's your grandkids...

Today when I was VT with my friend, Faye, she remarked that her oldest granddaughter is thirty. Having twin grandsons, the ripe old age of 23, I suddenly realized I am old enough to be a GRANDMOTHER to many of the members of our ward family.

I instantly remembered that one son has already celebrated his 48th birthday this year ~ taking over that coveted age I have imagined myself being for about 18 years!!

But just to keep this in perspective our dear old friend, Phil Remington - 20 years Duncan/poppy's senior - is still working a fulltime job and building tables, cabinets, and gardening in his free time.

What I realize from all of this is that we are only as old as we feel!! HOWEVER... looking old is no longer an option anymore.

4 comments:

Cathleen said...

Looking at the blogs of these kids that Greg used to teach has made me feel so old! They are like 27 yrs old now...where did the time go??

Theresa said...

I like this: "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." ~Mark Twain

Joyce said...

Mark was a wise man!

This morning I went to a temple sealing - child to parents - and took one look in the bathroom mirror and wondered for a moment just who that character was, looking back at me...

Happy The Man said...

You need to have mirror fixed