Friday, April 25, 2008

A temple sealing is always wonderful...

This morning I met Duncan at the Newport Beach LDS Temple and we attended the sealing of Laura Elizabeth Robertson, age 4, to her parents, Tania & Kent.

All five of Laura's siblings were in attendance.

Laura probably won't remember this day, but her 4 brothers and older sister will! It was a memorable experience and while Laura was quite timid about all of the attention she was receiving - she looked like an absolute angel.

Once again it was confirmed to me how fortunate we are, as a people, to have the sealing ordinances upon the earth. I recollected the time that 4 of our children were sealed to us. Later a 5th, Gregory, was sealed to us, upon reaching the age of twenty-one.

I can see those two days in my mind's eye, as if they happened yesterday. How thankful I am to know these children have the gift of exaltation . . . depending upon the wishes and desires of their hearts.

I sure do value the temple ordinances with all of my heart!

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

You know, if you guys are going to go to the temple every day, maybe you guys should move closer to it.

I wish I'd have been at the first sealing with Dunc, Kevin, Debbie and Seth.

I've got to teach this temple prep class starting in two weeks and I've been reading the materials and it has really put the big picture into perspective.

Cathleen said...

I still remember getting sealed to my parents in the SLC Temple. It is a day I will never forget and I was only 4 or 5 years old. It was very special indeed!