Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Stake meeting at MVHS was HOT...

I do mean the temperature was sizzling . . . I don't think the air was working very well.

We had Elder Child ( a seventy) & Elder(?) Tingey presiding over the change of presidency and both men are very personable.

Our new Stake president is from the Warnick's ward out in Coto de Caza - anyone surprised? - and his name is Sterling Brennan. He will be a good stake prez.

Jim Carter and Peter Vidmar are the counselors - Peter being a former 3x Olympic Gold medalist for gymnastics some number of years ago. Peter is currently the bishop of his ward...

The outgoing president and his counselors were very solemn as this release came because our current President (Woffinden) was called to serve a role as legal counselor in Brazil for 3 years.

Look for him to be a seventy sometime in the future...perhaps 3 years.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

Hah, hah, hah, hah, hah! Our weather was finally better than yours! We had drizzle all day and a cool breeze. I have come to love the rain! That's that thing that happens in January for you guys, where water comes from the sky. LOL!

So Pedro Vidmar eh? Is he still in Gymnast shape? Well, that's all great. For some reason, since Dallin Oaks just came for ours, I figured an Apostle had to do new stake presidencies. I guess not.

By the way, not sure if I'll get a blog post up before we leave. There is much to do and I'm plum out of things to talk about (don't believe that, you know better).

We'll see, maybe Tuesday (we're taking off Wednesday AM). Then when we return it's just going to be boring GA trip stuff I'm afraid.

Joyce said...

I miss when you don't blog!! I'm sure you have plenty to do to get ready, though.

I've been thinking about your trip and I do so hope you ALL have a great time. Just let it happen... plans often go awry!!

I spoke to Jan in front of their house the other day. I told him I was going to tell Cathleen he looks awful... to get her out here... but the truth is he looks very well.

Like Debbie, I think there is always that other shoe that could drop, so I still advocate a trip out for Cath to spend a little time with her dad...

Have a ball - tell the Cherry Blossoms I wish they were coming this direction, but I know they'll really enjoy being with everyone special in GA! xoxoxo