Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our Enrichment Night Activity was interesting...

It was entitled "Getting the Bugs OUT of your marriage!!"

I took copious notes . . .

Not for myself, of course, but for those newlyweds still entertaining the idea of living happily every after, just like Cinderella - or was that Snow White?!

I also learned that from a man's perspective I've got a long, long way to go!!

And here I thought I was to the "enduring to the end" part of my life...

At least I've got the "put on your make up so HE doesn't have to see you in your dirty PJ's (after a hard day around the house)" part down pretty well.

(THEY didn't address the "coming home from work and putting on that same blue shirt HE's been wearing daily for years" part of the discussion, however...)

It's the hugging and kissing part that has me slightly boggled - particularly after HE says "you're something else, all right," several times in a row.

Nonetheless I do look forward to HIS homecoming every single day ~ and I always will.

WE must be doing "something" right, after all.

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

I think I'm with Theresa on the mushy stuff... At least when it comes to old people smooching. Sure, it's cute, but close the door!

So, why don't you send your copious notes to Cathleen :) LOL!

Theresa said...

I've attended Enrichment nights with a similar theme... I don't even bother taking notes. I just sit back and think, "This sounds good, but they don't know Kevin..." That stuff doesn't work with Taylor men. But, you've hung with it for 35 years so far and you're still sane! That's saying something.