Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year day - 2008...

Having an extra day this year should stand for something, don't you think? Following a harrowing night, I awoke late and have been dragging ever since. The reason being I decided to save a whole bunch of $$$ by having a very back tooth pulled rather than a root canal and crown. I didn't know how traumatic that would be. Now I have one less precious tooth left in my mouth and an extra day in February to mourn the loss. Oh my aching mouth :-)

Sydney's life just rolls on, however, and so tonight we have the privilege of accompanying Syd and Jason to the DSAOC Red Carpet Ball. Since it is near Disneyland, just over the line in Costa Mesa, we'll just hang around there so as not to make two trips in one night. Remind me again how (I/we) have become an extension of Sydney's ofttimes compelling journey through life.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Ick. Sorry to hear about the tooth problems. A sore tooth = headache = bad day. Hope you get well soon, and hope Syd & Jason have fun...

Happy The Man said...

Man, that bites! LOL Are you going to put it under your pillow???

Cathleen said...

I had a very back tooth pulled too when we first got to VA. I did it to save money as well. Considering the horrific pain I was in prior to having it done, having it pulled was an absolute relief. I've never missed it either.
I just had gum surgery (the gum cut off all around a tooth) about 2 weeks ago. It takes 6 weeks to fully heal. I was on Demerol for several days. It took 10+ shots to do the work, so that added to the overall soreness too. I kept catching the stitches on food, etc. initially and would make it bleed all over again. When it is all healed, then I can have more work done on it. Good times...Good times. Speaking of Dental work, Nate's going in in late march to have a bunch done under general anesthesia. He will be under at least 2 hrs. The Insurance will pay the first $1500, we get to pay the other $2000. All this for a 5 yr olds baby teeth. It is wonderful surprises like this that keep us from coming to CA (my dental expenses don't help either). :0(

Happy The Man said...

Looks like everyone had a great time at the Red Carpet ball. Thanks for sending the photos.