Thursday, February 28, 2008

Laundry, tents & the bandit in the house ...

Since I am still thinking of the early 70's I thought I'd share the saga of the bandit in the house. We were living in the Aegean Hills tract and our back yard bordered on a greenbelt of sorts.


One day as I returned home I realized that none of our kids were home. I began working in the kitchen, probably ready to prepare another huge pot of spagetti or some such economical meal, when I heard someone behind the pantry doors.


I asked who was there and got no answer. My hair was standing on end ... it was probably an axe murderer rifling through my food. I softly picked the largest knife I could find, held it poised above my head and threw open the door!!


I don't know who was more scared - me - or the poor UNNAMED son, standing there with a cookie box to fend me off. I still laugh thinking about how HE must have felt to see this deranged mother, poised to kill or be killed.

4 comments:

Cathleen said...

Too funny!! I'll have to have Greg tell me who the unnamed son was.....

Theresa said...

HA HA... that is really funny.

Tory said...

LOLZ! I wanna know whoooo it was! =D

Great story =)

Happy The Man said...

My guess, it was Steve Offer!