Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Birthdays to Chris (Taylor) & Megan (Bingham)

Perhaps if I post early in the day I'll jog memories that more folks are having birthdays!!


Since Duncan and I are in our 36th year of marriage it occurs to me that Chris was about 10 when he and his brothers blended their names and their lives with the Baker 3, plus me.

Hopefully they've forgotten (or at least forgiven) those earliest years with me ... never have I seen such piles of laundry in my life!! Duncan (the dad) ran out of clean underwear often and found it best to learn the functions of the washer & dryer very quickly.

Dunc, Jr. had mono that first summer and by the following summer 5 of the boys had set up a tent in the back yard as they were "kicked" outside to play ~ out from under foot. This tent faced my kitchen window so I could see them moping around; bored out of their wits. Thus began our journey "together."

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

Bet you didn't know we were playing truth or dare with girls out there and probably learning things we didn't need to learn out in that tent... But hey, we were out from under foot!

Kevin and I had a frisbee toss record in those early days of something like 711 complete tosses before Kevin dropped a perfect fling right to him. Well that's how I remember it anyway.

Cathleen said...

Oh laundry....what fun! In my family growing up, the laundry never seemed to end. I used that as a gage for how manageable my household was. For many years, the laundry didn't seem to be too much to keep up with....but now, oh boy! One day I was staring at all the piles of folded laundry in my laundry room (and sure that I had just recently had it all put away). I was feeling wishful for the time when I could feel in control of my laundry room again. It then occurred to me that that time wouldn't come until the kids were grown and gone from the house. As soon as I realized that, I was grateful for my mounds of laundry because it meant that they were all still here with me. I no longer wish for an empty laundry room.