Thursday, May 15, 2008

Remembering Jeanette . . .

My friend Jenny lost her only daughter May 15th, just weeks before she would attend her Senior Prom and then graduation.

It has been a number of years since then, over ten years, but I still remember and Jenny always carries that ache in her heart.

It reminds me that life is so fleeting and that it is important that we value each day as if it might be our last.

Sounds a little gruesome - I apologize - but Jeanette had everything before her and in one moment - one loss of a heartbeat - she was gone.

I do value each person, too...

SO . . . to all of my children (natural and unnatural) and grandchildren I will close with this little ditty I found.

"a little kiss, A little hug, I give you these, with all my love. xoxoxo

1 comment:

Happy The Man said...

You're leaving very little opportunity to make sarcastic quips or gibes.

I remember this like it was yesterday. As I remember it, this was the beginning of a long deviated path for Kevin Ruffner. It was nice that he was able to come to terms with it all and right his ways.

Life is full of learning experiences, that's what we signed up for, right? Hopefully they prove us better people in the end.