Tuesday, May 13, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME!!

Yesterday was a "leaky" day. Kind of a misty showering and not over 70* - a perfect day to feel the blahs.

Today the sun is brightly shining and if the weather news outlook for the week is correct it will rocket to 100* in the next couple of days.

I prefer the blah type days a whole lot more, to tell you the truth.

Our weekend in Utah taught me a few things - time is waiting for no man - or woman - and our Bingham grandkids are growing up and away.

Taylor and Katie seemed so ready to move on with their lives. They will enjoy a wonderful relationship together, I feel.

It was surprisingly melancholy for me - but I could see other family members had various emotions about the Bingham family reunion of sorts.

Grandma Mary being the most memorable for me. Being a few years older than me I can just imagine myself relying on a cane for balance and experiencing that slowing of the body that so often occurs.

It also comes with the realization that family begins to outgrow you before you are exactly ready for that to happen.

Grandma Verdaun and I - still enjoying the companionship of good husbands - are blessed to have a different viewpoint on life, at this moment.

Watching Duncan and Sydney involving themselves in the activities of the weekend filled me with LOVE & gratitude for the relationship(s) we enjoy together!

Seeing our beautiful grandaughter, Megan Taylor, was such a special experience for us, too.

But life is moving forward with a rush that tends to scare me at times. Every day that begins like any other day is another day to be lived to the fullest and cherished equally.

2 comments:

Cathleen said...

Wise words indeed! I scare myself sometimes when I think too much about how time keeps changing everything. I just want to enjoy the here and now and appreciate having my children still home with me. I can't even express how much we all enjoy Isabelle. She is so funny and just so witty. She makes us laugh constantly. I get sad when I think of her growing up, I realize now how quickly it happens. It is not that the bigger kids aren't wonderful too, because they are, but it is so different. I know I can't keep having my own little ones around forever, I guess that is what grandkids are for.
Thanks for the very nice comments on my blog too...extremely overstated, but appreciated anyway ;0)

Happy The Man said...

I was going to make this comment before but didn't. You mention having a leaky day, I think that was the day we had torrential down pour here. We have had a tremendous amount of rain in May. I'm not complaining, I love the rain. Everything is so green and looking beautiful here.

As for kids growing up, I watch these young people getting married and it makes me realize that my days of passion filled uncertainty and bliss are over. I'm a has been. I'm old! It's nice to know that everything always works out in the end but I miss those young exploratory years with nothing but hope and newness (and a lot less responsibility). I miss my young strong thin body too, I ache and am spent after every racquetball encounter (and I'm being humbled by these younger quicker whipper-snappers).