Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mother . . .

Although she can't read this I feel the need to remember her all the same. It is time for me to do her work and I'm making a promise to do this ASAP.

The day of her passing is June 1st - so maybe I can get it done by then...

Thanks, Greg, for remembering some of the grandchildren things about your very fine grandmother. Duncan remembered that she left you each a small monetary gift when she passed away and she has left an indelible impression on him, too...

I remember her sitting for hours with Sydney - reading, reading and reading. Sydney sure pushed all of her buttons, but that's a Taylor for you - all the way!!

We have been discussing how much we miss her and what a wonderful "mother/ grandmother-in-law" she always was.

Duncan/dad remarked that she took great care of us and good home cooked meals were an every day occurrence when she was living with us.

So, Happy Birthday, MOTHER, we'll be with you again someday. xoxoxo

3 comments:

Happy The Man said...

Yes, of course, she paid for my Lasik surgery which I absolutely love! No more glasses/contacts after all those years. What a blessing!

Happy The Man said...

Oops, just a few more memories. When Norm died, she gave me his nice Konica 35mm camera. With that, I got very interested in taking pictures. Low and behold, that lead me to the photo booth at Muirlands and Ridge Route where my future wife was working. Because of Grandma, we met.

I guess it is therefore appropriate that I wear her wedding ring on my finger 24x7 since I got married way back in December 1987. I didn't have a ring and she gave me hers. It's just a simple gold band with a little bit of silver, nothing fancy. But here I am looking at it and remembering her. She is one person I very much look forward to seeing again.

Joyce said...

If Grandma knew how much her parting gifts meant to everyone it would please her more than I can even say.

I'm so happy you still wear Norm's ring . . . Greg.

Thank you for sharing memories of her - I loved her so very much and I, too, look forward with great enthusiasm to seeing her again.

But just not for a while, okay?