Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day ~ 2009 ~ Am I thrilled??

I couldn't help thinking what brought us to this day. At least 95% African-Americans voted for our new president, Barrack Obama, and all of the democrats, which includes many of the aforementioned. To enjoy the enormity of this day it has helped that I also remember segregation in the south during the mid 1940's to the early 1950's, since that is when I attended grammar school in Memphis, Tenn. I have vidid memories of those years and the many events that have transpired since. I am proud to have a bi-racial president ~ I am proud this country has shown that COLOR of one's skin doesn't really matter anymore ~ I am also very happy that we were not crowning the queen of the democrats, Hillary Clinton, either.

I wish our new president every success in leading this country, but I do not necessarily agree with him.

I guess what I wish to express is my gratitude to President and Mrs. Bush. Under very difficult circumstances they showed that class and dignity do matter. They made their transition from the White House, having made it a welcoming place for the new residents to enjoy.

President Bush led our country safely to the conclusion of his presidency. May God bless him and his wife as they adjust to the quieter, more carefree days ahead.

May our new president lead us strongly, in this almost second decade of the 21st century, and keep us safe upon our soil. May he always be reminded that the leaders of third world countries are NOT like the folks in the 50 states of his united America. AND may he truly UNITE the people of this country as never before.

3 comments:

Happy The Man said...

What did you think of Warren's prayer?

Joyce said...

Well I watched the inauguration to hear Warren's prayer. He referred to Jesus Christ, but did not close in His name.

I can not get used to thie casual bible Saddleback Church uses which changes the meaning of what we learn in the King James version.

In Warren's case it was more like a talk, than a prayer, but I'm glad he evoked the name of Jesus Christ, which I only heard one other time this morning.

I'm ready to join Huckabee's group of conservative Americans since learning about Barrack's, "Organizing for America" on youtube!!!

Scary bit of business there, that's for sure...

Happy The Man said...

Personally, I support a Muslim who fears his God and humbles himself before Him and reveres Him (not implying anything about anyone in particular, just Muslims in general) than a man who invokes the Savior's name but is more concerned about what man thinks. Warren's lips draw nigh but his heart is far away, based on what I witnessed.

Just throwing around Christ's name doesn't make you a disciple. He wasn't praying to God, he was giving a speech with his eyes closed. Sorry, but I have nothing for the man. As for Huckabee, he may be slightly more humble than Warren (or maybe just a better actor) but I still think he's full of himself.

I think Barrack is egotistical. We'll see how far that takes him... I'm hoping that the weight of his responsibilities will humble him.