Friday, January 23, 2009

I was thinking about NEW BEGINNINGS

It's really funny because new beginnings are really anything that happens a minute from now - if you think about it. I am really excited for Aleks to be entering the YW era in her life, as well as in our church! Aleks is another "doll" in a family full of dollies!!

Now Collin will have a new beginning, too. I am guessing he will find Colorado just as challenging as any other place he might have been called. We know he loves the snow and teaching the gospel to folks there may require greater stamina than he may have originally thought. All I know is the gals (and guys) that serve in southern CA always have their work cut out!!

Then there is Landon, returning home to visit his family and a certain young woman who charms us all with her beautiful voice and songs. Could there be 'new beginnings' there... only time will tell.

For each of us there is always the next moment or two to have that mighty change of heart, the joy that comes from taking each day as it comes and risking the thought that there will be many, many new moments and new beginnings in each of our lives.

3 comments:

Happy The Man said...

On the opposite end of the spectrum are those old endings... One day we'll all have one of those. Maybe not so old for some.

Joyce said...

Can't think about the old endings... or not so old! Only the next moment counts you know! You can look back to the old endings and figure out if they were worth the trip (through life). I for one am sure they will be - even if I don't think so at the time! Love you K-bird.

Aleks said...

I'm excited too, Grammy! Oh, and I love your blog! Sorry I haven't been on in a while but I made a new blog a few days ago :)