Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Anxiously awaiting the birth of Emzie/ Maggy Zu/ EM... our 1st GREAT grandbaby!

Emzie is due tomorrow to Riley and Megan Bingham!! It is very exciting to contemplate the birth of a great grandchild! I am alreay enjoying the many compliments one receives with the birth of their first child, grandchild or great grandchild.

The first being... oh you're too young, you couldn't possibly be a ... great grandmother!! Yep, I sure love that one...

Particularly since there is a very good chance there are still to be more grandbabies on the way...

My biggest regret however is that many of our grandchildren live at great distances from us and as such we don't get to see them all that much. We'll see little Emzie in March, but then it will be late summer before we have the opportunity to see her again.

It seems the more we have - the broader the distances become.

It would sure be nice to begin again - therefore making exactly the same mistakes we made the first time no doubt.

One thing is for sure! I would never take time spent together with family for granted - never, ever again.

5 comments:

Happy The Man said...

I wouldn't want to do it again I don't think. I am looking forward to bigger and better things :)

Cathleen said...

You are too young to be a great grandmother and I'm too young to be a great aunt!

Cathleen said...

One other note...my grandmother turned 86 yesterday and she has somewhere around 50 great children!

Joyce said...

I hope I make 86 or longer, but only if I have at least 1/2 my wits about me!! Happy Birthday to your grandma - WOW - 50 GREATS?? How could she ever keep count????

Love to all of you CB's!!! xoxoxo

Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.