Thursday, December 11, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Landon!!

It is exactly TWO weeks until Christmas Day. I should be panicky with all the things left to be done. But this year it seems as if it's okay if nothing gets done; at least until the last minute, anyway.

I/we have had visits with people who love us ~ 'worts' and all. I might add that Tory would relate on some level since she has regained her footing with Harry Potter following a detour through the (ahem) Twilight series of late.

I have several books just awaiting my perusal... once the holidays are over and the rains hopefully arrive. Only one book is of substance; but I'll enjoy all with equal relish I do believe.

Duncan (poppy) recently renewed a very long time acquaintance with his grammar school principal. It has been very meaningful for both parties and we quickly emptied a box of delicious McIntrye chocolates that Duncan received in the mail the other day.

It is wonderful that such an occasion could bring such personal joy. We also received a Christmas card from a fellow classmate - Ramsey high school, class of '58... which brought a bit of warmth to the season this year, as well.

Our tree is up - amazingly - and there are lights all about the house. Sydney faithfully plugs most of them in each night - her contribution, so far, to the holidays quickly approaching.

For those of you we are still hoping we'll see, before 2009 appears, our doors are open and the house warmly awaits your appearance any time at all... We send our love to each of you with hopes that this holiday season with family will soon be complete. Enjoy the next 14 days!! xo

3 comments:

Happy The Man said...

Happy Birthday to Landon!

Glad to hear all is well and progressing this holiday season.

Happy The Man said...

BTW, a picture of the tree would be nice...

Joyce said...

I know Greg... I just have so much on my plate right now I can't concentrate when I sit at the computer. Today I helped decorate the ward building for the Christmas party tonight. I baked cookies all afternoon for same. I am no longer a "baker" as you well know - every pun intended of course.

I am so tired, but now I have to go get Heather. It will be like this until I get presents off to those who need them sent - Binghams and Webb - what on earth do I get for him???

Tomorrow it's the temple, etc. But I am enjoying the holidays despite all the activities and plan to sit home for at least 6 months to pay off my credit card again starting in January.

I don't mean no TRIP trips, just no trips to the mall, stores and other places I might be tempted to spend money...

I'll chat again with you soon! xo