Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy 25th Anniversary, Debbie & Craig!!!

Well I'm an hour shy of their 25th, but how well I remember the day! Two days after Christmas and we were up at dawn driving to the LA temple. Debbie actually slept the whole way!!!

Tonight, at Fuddrucker's, I found the family sitting in a different spot than the usual one we occupy. After getting Heather seated I looked up at the nearby booth, as a matter of habit more than anything.

My instant reaction was that I was looking at Debbie, but no, Debbie is in Oregon, with all kinds of snow and a family Christmas of her own... still I couldn't believe how much this woman looked like Debbie and I started to comment to Poppy about the resemblance when I finally looked at the other person in the booth - yep, it was Craig.

BUT...Debbie and I talked for an hour last night - pretty selfish as it was Christmas day. The long and short of it is... Debbie and Craig are here for the night ~ and tomorrow (their 25th anniversary) they are driving to Santa Barbara to see Landon who celebrated Christmas with a fellow Coast Guardian who was "on duty" as well.

KFC was their Christmas feast - Landon really felt alone all day. So "the cruise" Craig & Debbie were planning for their 25th, took a more practical turn and we will get to see them again on Monday when they return this way, prior to flying home again on Tuesday - in time for New Year's Eve.

Fuddrucker's (most Friday evenings) yields many happy memories as all who gather w/us from time to time will surely agree. xoxoxo

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

LOL, I knew about it beforehand but was sworn to secrecy...

Joyce said...

Good thing you were because I was so sure it couldn't be her that my mind actually rejected what my eyes very well could see.

I couldn't have been more surprised if my life depended upon it.

They are off for a weekend visiting Landon (and playing) and will be back on Monday sometime.

It was such a nice treat...