Sunday, December 21, 2008

The shortest day of the year!!

Imagine being born on the shortest day of the year. Actually it is also the first day of winter and this year it appears that many families are being hit with snow, freezing rain, etc. We had a rather mild and sunny day - custom made for an old lady's birthday.

I've heard there is still plenty of snow in the desert, as well as in Las Vegas proper. And in Salem, OR. they had a complete snow week - no school - and church was canceled today!! Now that is quite an event!!

Here in sunny southern CA we enjoyed Denise's lasagna w/Theresa's cheesy bread. We had so much dessert I will gain another 5 lbs this year!! We missed the Bingham family's annual Christmas party, but have started a new tradition this year. The meal was simple, but delicious and the company was mighty fine.

I love family get togethers, wherever they may be! I'm sending special thanks and Christmas greetings to each and every one of you. I am going to love using my new Sony 300DSLR, a gift from Duncan that tickles me so much!! Phanfare here I come!! xo

3 comments:

Happy The Man said...

OK, just make sure you set the date on the camera before you start using it. I hope it takes beautiful pictures.

Cathleen said...

Glad to hear that you had a nice birthday! I love the new look on your blog~it's so you!

Theresa said...

Wow! A DSLR! Can't wait to see your pictures.