Friday, November 14, 2008

From Oregon to Virginia in TEN days...



Last week I was enjoying the cool rainy days with Debbie, Craig, Collin and Dray, in Oregon. What a beautiful place to be in the fall, even with all of the drizzly rainy weather! Everyone walks around without umbrellas; wearing neat scarves, caps and the traditional clothing I just love.

There are so many neat places to shop around Salem and in Portland as well! Staying with the Bingham's is one laugh after another. They certainly know how to enjoy life to the maximum - even if it's just having a couple of gals hanging around or Draper making cinnamon rolls!! Slater, the dog, brings his own kind of joy as well. Thanks to Craig for making this wonderful birthday gift for Debbie, happen!

Next Friday we are off to spend a week with Cathleen, Greg & 8 delightful grandchildren ranging in age from 2-19!! Gregory,II, Tory, Christopher, Aleks, Gwen, Jonathan, Nathaniel & little Izzie, the queen. We always remember baby Matthew who would now be 4 years of age.



It will be exciting to be there during the pre- trim the tree- time and to pick up Gregory from his college dorm. Where has the last year gone - I can't imagine. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving dinner with all of them in their beautiful new home. How exciting is that???

I'll be seeing Landon Bingham on Monday evening when Andrea, he and I attend a concert featuring his girlfriend Courtney Jones in LA. I haven't seen Landon since he joined the Coast Guard, but I can sure say he is looking mighty handsome in uniform.



I'm looking forward to a sleepover with Oliver, Ben & Charlotte - even though they may not even know I am there!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!! xoxoxo

4 comments:

Happy The Man said...

Wow, great post. It all sounds positively wonderful, especially that part about going to VA. :)

I hope you enjoy the rain and drizzle because it has been looking like Oregon rain for days now. Temps have been very warm but they were predicting colder temps in the days to come. I'm hoping it will be warm enough to go outside without bundling up.

I checked out Landon's GF on line, listened to some of the music and decided it wasn't really for me. But she's cute no doubt, and if I was a VIP at her concert, I'd go just for the special treatment. Sounds pretty cool to me!

Say "hey" to Landon for me, and of course Andrea (and the kids, if you see them).

Joyce said...

None of the VIP business . . . we'll be lucky if she shows at the show - due to the fires.

Might be the ones that burn between people, perhaps.

I guess I'll have to sign into the long term weather report - I hope it isn't too warm. It's been 95* the past couple of days and oh how sick of it am I!!!

Happy The Man said...

You got your wish, it is cold and getting colder... No fires here, but you may be pining for them after all.

Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.