Monday, July 7, 2008

What is "MOTHERHOOD" all about?

As Tory responded to how she would like to be remembered I felt some of the same things she had been feeling over a period of time.

MOTHERHOOD is the most underpaid, under appreciated 24/7 job I can possibly imagine.

Then why are so many mothers willing to stay at home, changing diapers, cleaning up messes constantly, having no real "break" time (period) and/or losing sight of themselves as "women" in any worldly sense, for years on end.

Did I mention how thankless it can be when the child reaches their teen years, rebel, decline to accept any of their parents "teachings" or values and keep their moms up many nights, worrying and stressing over the smallest of transgressions?

Women, having been given God's greatest blessing - the ability to carry and bear life - are the mothers who soon learn that parenting their child(ren) is the most positive reinforcement they can bring into the lives of these miracles of birth.

It is the birthright of a woman, to become the first and best teacher a child will ever have. By their EXAMPLE and loving care; good upstanding citizens are formed.

Tory, my dear granddaughter is finding this out - from her mother, of course.

3 comments:

Happy The Man said...

All I can say is, Motherhood is hard (from observation)... I assume it is worth it, has to be else why would anyone do it?

Cathleen said...

Most days....I think it is all so worth it. It is definitely the hardest thing I have ever had to do.
I know I didn't want to grow up and waste my time being just a mother, so I try not to get offended when my children don't want to grow up and be like me. I want them to aspire to great things, but when the time comes, I hope they will make room in their life for their greatest accomplishment...Motherhood!

Happy The Man said...

Speaking of motherhood, where are you mother??? No blogs for weeks...