Friday, June 27, 2008

How do YOU want to be remembered?

I recently read a published article that asked this question.

Since I have been reviewing copious writings in the form of letters, journals and unpublished short stories, belonging to my family as far back as my great grandfather, an artist and author, I have realized that this is something worth discussing, through my blog.

How do you wish to be remembered - and why? Do you wish to leave a legacy for children and grandchildren ~ or ~ to make a statement to the world at large?

If you are concerned about the impression you leave with others, this is a thought for you.

"Don't worry about your reputation. Reputation is based on opinion ~ how others judge you based on their ideals, prejudices and self-esteem."

Worry more about your CHARACTER... and that's a whole other subject.

SO, please, share your thoughts with me - how do you wish, hope, yearn to be remembered, and by whom.

My response will undoubtedly be related to my posterity - that's all I'll say for now.

4 comments:

Happy The Man said...

Hmmm, I stopped reading blogs since nobody was doing it (except Theresa). So this is a thought provoking question. I'll have to address it tomorrow when I have more time to ponder. However, off the cuff, I'd say that I really only care to be remembered by my close family and friends. What I want them to remember? I did my best with what I what I was given...

Joyce said...

Well I for one have enjoyed every one of Theresa's blogs ~ even though she cheats a lot.

I have to look every day to catch her there once in a while.

Think CHARACTER, Greg... like what a funny character you have become...

As for the rest of YOUR Baker gang - people are always lurking and you know that by now...

Tomorrow is another day! hmmmmm

Happy The Man said...

Ummm, yeah. Tory said she will probably never blog again. I'm sure my overly critical (sometimes sarcastic) comments didn't help much.

I'm pretty sure I can get Aleks and Gwen and even Christopher back on board for a spell. Cathleen? Well she claims she has too much going on. She went to California and never came back...

Theresa said...

Hey! I'm not cheating! Technically. I DO take a photo every day. I just don't seem to have the time anymore to actually POST them every day. I assign the post date to the day I took the photo.

How do I want to be remembered? I'll have to think about that one...