Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter to one and all...

This Easter the messages were so sweet and I could feel the spirit so strongly. It is always nice to have Easter following a General Conference weekend. There are few to read my comments, but the emotions are just as strong.

We had a very quiet Easter Day following our church meetings. We took a ride to Heather's group home and spent some quality time with her. She loves having guests and today was no exception.

Perhaps today my thoughts will be directed to Heather and what she means in my life.

Heather, who suffered severe damages at birth is a very unique and special sister. She asks for very little out of life. If it were my choice I would have her parents back in her daily life, but that choice is not to be. What I do know is that they are happy and healthy where they are and someday she will be joining them in paradise I feel sure.

Now joining them is something very special, for indeed Heather will be returning to Heavenly Father as a Celestialized being... We all have much work to do, here on earth, to be united with her some day.

Heather talks about how much she misses her daddy and mommy. She tends to remember them together, rather than apart. I frequently remind Heather that the place her parents have gone is so wonderful and that I know they both are waiting for her, there.

I think this brings her some peace; I know it does me.

I am so grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for it brings me the great promise of eternal life with my family and all those I so truly love. I have always known there is a Savior - since I was a tiny child. I have always felt the spirit nearby - especially when I take the time to feel and listen to the still small voice. I have had enormous promptings of the spirit and small ones, too. I am grateful to know they are real and readily available whenever I am in tune.

I want my posterity to know that those to whom I have been sealed [as well as those sealed to me] are dearer to me than anything else in my life.

I give thanks this Easter evening and always for this.

xoxoxo

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

Happy Easter! In the end, it will have all be worth it!

Theresa said...

Happy (Belated) Easter to you, too! And thank you for your testimony as well.