Friday, October 24, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAYS ~ Christopher, Gwen, baby Matthew & Kate!!!

Now I have not been very consistent with this blog thing, but I haven't been very consistent about anything else this month either. I hope everyone had a wonderful birthday and I thank those of you who have posted photos of those very special days.

I have tried to be sure "we" celebrate all the local grandkids birthdays with them - at least during their month. Kate, however, we slipped up on and for that I have big regrets. Someone please tell Kate how much we love her, even now that she is eleven years of age. As for the two VA birthdays - we sure wish we could have been with you, too!!

Duncan-dad-poppy and I had a wonderful time at our 50th high school reunion. It was a "blast, from the past" and everyone was out there strolling the night away. The joy of this reunion was not the flashes in the pan, but rather the solid class of '58(ers) celebrating life in the most positive way we can!



I know I enjoyed watching many members of our class coming together in the most marvelous ways. When it is your turn for a 50th I hope you'll be on hand.

As for OLD friends - well I spent 9 days in NJ with two of them. I haven't laughed so much since the last time I was there. Treasure those "oldies" - they are to be counted among the goldies for sure.

Coming soon... Unc Steve turns the big 6-0 and Debbie hits birthday #44!! They are to be followed by Gregory,II, Denise, Sean,'our'Meg and then Heather.

Can anyone believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner??? Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

60? He's an old man! Debbie 44? She's an old lady... I'm sure glad that I'm not aging.

Theresa said...

I know what you mean about not being consistent this month. October has been ridiculously crazy for me. I'm ready for things to slow down, but I have a feeling that that won't happen until after the holidays.

I'm glad you had a great time at your reunion!